Getting a Schengen visa will make your trip to Hungary much easier. It will let you enjoy the beautiful scenery and rich cultural history of this European gem.
If you are a citizen of a country that need to get an Hungary Schengen visa, then this article is for you.
By following these steps in order, you will have the best chance of getting your Hungary visa approved:
In short, the easiest way to get your Hungary visa approved is to follow the below steps in order:
- Select the right visa and consulate.
- Schedule a consulate or VFS appointment.
- Gather your visa documents.
- Create a day-by-day itinerary for tourist and business visas.
- Your visa application cover letter should include your itinerary, purpose, and papers.
- Flight itinerary or ticket and evidence of lodging.
- Schengen-approved travel insurance.
- Complete Hungary Schengen visa application.
- Attend your consulate appointment.
- Please submit your paperwork and wait for visa approval.
At any point if you need help, then you can use our Hungary visa consultation service to help you.
Who requires an Hungary Schengen visa ?
Visa-free entry is available to EU, EEA, and Swiss citizens in Hungary.
Foreigners may need visas to enter Schengen or Hungary.
Check the government website to see if you require a visa.
Foreigners outside the EEA or Switzerland who intend to work or intern need a visa (see also “Temporary work visa”).
EU regulation allows non-working people from visa-exempt nations to stay in Hungary for 90 days each 180 days.
Types of Hungary Schengen visa
The type of visa you need depends on your purpose of travel & duration. These can be categorized as :
- Hungary Transit Visa : If you are having a layover in one of the airports of Hungary, then you may need to get a transit visa.
- Hungary Tourist Visa : Want to backpack across the Alps of Hungary? Then you can get a tourist visa for a maximum period of 90 days.
- Hungary Visitor visa : This visa if for those who have a relative or friend who is living in Hungary.
- Hungary Business visa : If you are attending any trade fair, meeting clients or engaging in any business related activity you need a business visa.
- Hungary Diplomat visa : for official visits of national delegations or government officials.
- Hungary Medical visa : If you want to get some surgery or medical treatment in Hungary.
- Hungary Student Visa : Enrolling in a university in Hungary. Then you can get a student visa or study visa.
- Hungary visa for Sports, Film Crew : If you are attending any football event or shooting a movie ? then you need to get a culture visa.
- Hungary Spouse Visa : If you want to join your spouse who either is a citizen or has a work permit in Hungary.
What is the process for scheduling a Hungary Schengen Visa appointment?
Securing your visa appointment promptly If not doing so could endanger your entire trip.
Step 1: Determine your Purpose for travelling to Hungary, which will determine the Type of visa you should apply for.
Step 2: Find out how many Entries to Hungary/the Schengen area you need.
Step 3: Gather your Required Documents.
Step 4: Schedule a Hungarian Schengen Visa appointment (if applicable).
Where to book an appointment for Hungary Schengen visa ?
You can get an appointment for your visa online. But because the link to get an appointment depends on your location, we cannot share a common link and you need to check yourself.
You will need to get an appointment with either the Schengen consulate or with any of the third party visa processing companies such as VFSGlobal or BLSS Spain. Or you can use other 3rd party services to get appointments for you.
Can I get one appointment for my whole family ?
No, Each individual applicant must have one single appointment for each family member . On the VFSGlobal portal, one account can book upto 5 Schengen visa Appointments. But dates for everyone to get the appointment on the same day might not be possible.
Documents needed for Hungary Schengen visa
The minimum documents you need for Schengen visa are:
- Schengen visa application form
- Covid Vaccination Certificate
- Two Photographs as per Schengen visa specifications
- Travel Itinerary
- RoundTrip Flight Itinerary
- Schengen Approved Travel Insurance
- Proof of accommodation
- Proof of Sustenance
- Proof of civil status
Additionally, the documents needed depends on an applicants work status so these documents may need to be provided as well.
Based on the type of visa you are applying for, you may also need to send in other papers.
Do you need a flight ticket to apply for Hungary Visa?
A fully purchased airline ticket is unsafe when applying for a Hungary Schengen visa. You can use a temporary booking or flight itinerary. After your visa is accepted, book your flight.
Our customers can use FlightGen App to design flight itineraries. How to use flight itinerary for visa.
What does a travel itinerary mean when applying for Hungary visa ?
A travel itinerary is a day-by-day schedule for Hungary if your visa is accepted. This information must be included in your cover letter or visa letter which will then be used by the consulate to decide on your visa approval.
To know more about creating cover letter or visa letter for Hungary Schengen visa.
Is a Cover Letter needed when applying for Hungary visa ?
Yes. Schengen visa applications require a cover letter.Please bring a cover letter to your Schengen visa appointment, per the VFS website.
Is the Travel Insurance mandatory for Schengen visa application ?
Travel insurance is required for Schengen visa applications, including Hungary. Travel insurance must cover the entire trip.
You can get your travel insurance for less than $1 per day from visitorscoverage.com
Where to Apply for a Hungarian Short-Stay Visa?
If you know the visa type you need to enter Hungary based on your purpose, find out where to apply. According on Hungarian visa submission regulations in your country, you may have to apply at one of the following:
- The Hungarian Embassy.
- Hungarian consulate.
- A Visa Application Center to which Hungary has outsourced visa submission.
- The Embassy / Consulate of another Schengen country to which Hungary has outsourced visa submission.
How long does it take to approve my Hungary visa Application ?
Visa approval can take 15 working days from paperwork submission. It can take 25 days if there are long holidays.
Schengen visa appointments last 2 months, thus you can apply for a Hungary visa 3 months before your trip.
What is the fee for Hungary Schengen visa ?
The costs for Hungarian Schengen Visa are as follows:
- Hungarian visas for adult – €80
- Hungarian visas for children (6 – 12) years – €40
- Hungarian visas for children (under 6) years – Free of Charge