Denmark, a Schengen country, is known for its outstanding architecture and design. It has 37 working hours a week and is one of the happiest nations. To visit Denmark, you need a Schengen visa. Visa requirements vary by nationality, purpose of visit, length of stay, etc.
If you are a citizen of a country and need a Denmark Schengen visa, this article is for you.
Who Needs a Schengen Visa to Enter Denmark?
You’ll require a short-stay visa to enter Denmark or any Schengen member country if you meet either of the following criteria:
- You are a citizen of a developing country without a visa liberalization agreement with the Schengen states.
- You are a citizen of a developing country that has a visa liberalization agreement with the Schengen states, but you have previously been denied entry to Denmark or any other Schengen country.
In order to get your Denmark visa accepted, simply follow the steps listed below:
- Select the relevant visa type and consulate.
- Schedule a consultation at the consulate (or the VFS office)
- Gather all the paperwork you’ll need for your visa.
- Create a day-by-day travel schedule if you are travelling on a tourist or business visa.
- Make a cover letter outlining your itinerary, reason for trip, and the supporting paperwork you’ll be submitting to get a visa.
- Obtain a flight schedule or ticket as well as documentation of your accommodations.
- Purchase travel insurance that is accepted throughout the Schengen region.
- Complete the Schengen visa application for Denmark.
- Arrive at the consulate promptly for your visa appointment.
- Send in your paperwork, then wait for your visa to be approved.
How to apply for Transit Schengen Visa to Denmark?
When applying to obtain a Denmark Transit visa, you must provide the following additional documents:
- A valid visa (if required) for the final country you are travelling to.
- The ticket for the final country you are travelling to.
- Original photocopy of Seaman’s book (required only for seafarers).
- Letter from the inviting Shipping Company. Issued by the inviting Shipping Company in the Schengen country in which the seafarer will disembark (required only for seafarers).
- Employment contract. Contract with the navigation company / ship in order to board the ship (required only for seafarers).
How to apply for Business Schengen Visa to Denmark?
When applying to obtain a Danish Business visa, you must provide the following additional documents:
- Invitation letter from the Danish company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit.
- A dispatch letter from your employer. In this letter should be stated why you will be traveling to Denmark.
- Business bank statement. Preferably for the last 6 months.
- Memorandum and Article of Association. It should be submitted in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies).
- Trade License (first issued and present renewal).
- Proof of trip financing. Regarding the applicant’s expenses during their stay in Denmark, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
How to apply for Student Schengen Visa to Denmark?
When applying to get a Danish Student visa, you must provide the following additional documents:
- No objection letter from the educational institution where you are currently enrolled (if applicable).
- Internship agreement. Signed between the company in Denmark, the establishment of origin and the trainee.
How to apply for Medical Schengen Visa to Denmark?
When applying to get a visa to receive medical care in Denmark, you must provide the following additional documents:
- A local medical report. Issued from a doctor / clinic / hospital in your home country, confirming that you need medical treatment in Denmark.
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Denmark, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation. It should also confirm that the hospital can perform the specific medical treatment and that you will be accepted accordingly.
- Proof of financial arrangement made.
- Official confirmation of the treatment/appointment by the receiving medical institution (hospital/clinic) in.
How to apply Denmark Schengen Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes?
When applying to get a Danish visa under the purpose of attending a Cultural / Sports / Religious Event in Denmark you must provide the following additional documents:
- Event Information. As:
- Invitation letter from the relevant body in Denmark with details upon the nature of events or activities that are to be held in Denmark.
- Entry tickets to the event.
- Enrollment conditions.
- Detailed program of the event in Denmark.
- Other documents that present Names of the applicants (crew members) and other relevant information about the event.
- Proof of previous performances. Participation in previous festivals and ceremonies (cultural, religious), sports competitions, winners certificates, proof of world/international ranking (sports).
How to apply for Danish Schengen Visa for Spouse?
When applying to get a Danish visa as the spouse of a Danish national/citizen, you must provide the following additional documents:
- Proof of Danish citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Danish nationality or naturalization order).
- Danish marriage certificate.
- Danish family record book.
Can My Entire Family Attend One Appointment?
No, each applicant must schedule a separate appointment for each member of their family. One account can schedule up to five Schengen visa appointments on the VFSGlobal platform. However, it might not be feasible to schedule everyone’s appointments on the same day.
Depending on the applicant’s job situation, the required paperwork may also change, so more paperwork may be needed.
Is a flight ticket required to apply for a Denmark visa?
When asking for a Denmark Schengen visa, a fully paid travel ticket is challenging, but you can use a flight itinerary or temporary reservation. Purchase an airline ticket after your visa is accepted.
Using the FlightGen App, which is available to you, we construct flight itineraries for our customers.
How does a travel itinerary impact the Denmark visa application?
If your visa is accepted, your Denmark itinerary details your days. The consulate considers this when granting your visa, therefore include it in your cover letter or visa letter.
Is a cover letter necessary for a Denmark visa application?
Is a cover letter necessary for a Denmark visa application?
Yes. Any application for a Schengen visa, including one for Denmark, must include proof of current, comprehensive travel insurance.
How long will it take for my Denmark visa application to be approved?
Decisions about visa applications must normally be made within 15 days. In some cases applications will require further enquiry. In these cases, the maximum processing time can be 45 days. Application processing time is calculated from the time an admissible application is received at a diplomatic mission.
You can apply for Denmark visa up to three months prior to your trip because Schengen visa appointments are available for 2 months at a time.
How much does a Schengen visa for Denmark cost?
Adults must pay €80 for a Schengen visa to Denmark, while children over the age of 6 must pay €40. Visa applications for minors under the age of six are free. There is a processing fee of €20 if you use VFS or BLSS to submit your application.