Lithuania is a top destination in Europe if you’re looking for great value for your money. It shares a border with Switzerland and offers many of the same stunning attractions without the high costs. However, before you embark on your journey, it’s crucial to obtain a Lithuania Schengen visa.
If you happen to be a citizen of a country that requires a Lithuania Schengen visa, this article is tailored to provide you with the necessary information and guidance.
In short, the easiest way to get your Lithuania visa approved is to follow the below steps in order:
- Choose an appropriate visa type and the right consulate
- Book an Appointment at the consulate (or VFS office)
- Collate all the documents you need for your visa.
- For tourist & business visa, create a day wise travel plan (travel itinerary).
- Create a cover letter with the travel itinerary, purpose of travel, documents you will submit for your visa.
- Get Flight itinerary or ticket and proof that you have a place to stay (proof of accommodation)
- Get Schengen-approved travel insurance.
- Fill Lithuania Schengen visa Application form.
- Reach the consulate at the time of your appointment.
- Submit your documents and wait for your visa approval.
At any point if you need help, then you can use our Lithuania visa consultation service to help you.
Given our daily expertise in providing advice on Schengen visas, we are consistently updated on the visa application process. This puts us in a unique position to offer you the most current information and guidance, ultimately streamlining the application process and reducing the likelihood of errors that could result in visa rejection.
Are you sure you need a Schengen visa from the Lithuania Consulate?
Certainly, this is not a trivial question. If your travel itinerary includes visits to Lithuania, Spain, and Italy, all of which are Schengen countries, you may wonder where to submit your Schengen visa application. The answer would be :
- Which country are you spending most of your trip in ?
- If equal number of days, then which country are you entering first ?
If the answer to any of the above is Lithuania, then you need to get an Lithuania Schengen visa.
What are the types of Lithuania Schengen visa that I need to apply for ?
The type of visa you need depends on your purpose of travel & duration. These can be categorized as :
- Lithuania Transit Visa : If you are having a layover in one of the airports of Lithuania, then you may need to get a transit visa.
- Lithuania Tourist Visa : Want to backpack across the Alps of Lithuania? Then you can get a tourist visa for a maximum period of 90 days.
- Lithuania Visitor visa : This visa if for those who have a relative or friend who is living in Lithuania.
- Lithuania Business visa : If you are attending any trade fair, meeting clients or engaging in any business related activity you need a business visa.
- Lithuania Diplomat visa : for official visits of national delegations or government officials.
- Lithuania Medical visa : If you want to get some surgery or medical treatment in Lithuania.
- Lithuania Student Visa : Enrolling in a university in Lithuania. Then you can get a student visa or study visa.
- Lithuania visa for Sports, Film Crew : If you are attending any football event or shooting a movie ? then you need to get a culture visa.
- Lithuania Spouse Visa : If you want to join your spouse who either is a citizen or has a work permit in Lithuania.
So look at the list and determine the type of Lithuania Schengen visa you must get . The next section we will book a Schengen visa appointment, so keep yours and your co-applicants passports ready.
How do I book an appointment for Lithuania Schengen Visa?
It is very important that you book your visa appointment ASAP as without this step your whole travel plan can be ruined.
Booking a visa appointment is an essential step in your travel planning. Without a confirmed appointment, all your preparations, including flight bookings, hotel reservations, and travel itineraries, could be rendered useless. It’s crucial to secure your visa appointment in advance.
The consulate typically releases appointment slots for the next 3 months at a time, allowing you to schedule your appointment during that period. Additionally, if you are applying with co-applicants, each individual will need a separate appointment. Therefore, it’s advisable to have all the necessary details for your co-applicants readily available when booking their appointments.
If there are no Schengen visa appointments available, then get in touch with us and we will help you with alternative methods.
Where to book an appointment for Lithuania Schengen visa ?
Visa appointments can be scheduled online, but it’s important to note that the appointment link is location-specific. Therefore, we cannot provide a universal link, and it is essential for you to independently check and access the appropriate appointment link based on your location.
You will need to get an appointment with either the Schengen consulate or with any of the third party visa processing companies such as VFSGlobal or BLSS Spain. Or you can use other 3rd party services to get appointments for you.
Can I get one appointment for my whole family ?
Each applicant within your family must have a separate and individual appointment for their Schengen visa application. When using the VFSGlobal portal, you can typically book up to 5 Schengen visa appointments under a single account. However, it’s important to keep in mind that securing appointments for all family members on the same day may not always be possible due to appointment availability.
What details should I enter book the appointment?
In order to schedule your visa appointment, we will require various details from you, including your name, passport number, passport expiration date, passport issue date, and other relevant information. You have the option to manually input this information or send us a photo of your passport, and we will assist with the data entry.
It’s worth noting that different consulates may have varying requirements, so we will maintain communication with you to request any additional information that may be necessary for your specific visa application.
Once you have successfully booked your appointment, you will receive an Appointment Reference Number (ARN). It is essential to print out this reference number, as you will need to include it as part of your visa application documentation.
To know more about Schengen visa appointments, visit here.
Documents needed for Lithuania Schengen visa
The subsequent step in the visa application process is to compile the necessary documents required for your Lithuania visa. The specific documents you’ll need can vary based on various factors, including the type of visa you’re applying for, the applicant’s age, and their work status. It’s essential to carefully review the specific requirements for your visa category and ensure that you gather and prepare all the required documents accordingly.
In summary the minimum documents you need for Schengen visa are:
- Schengen visa application form
- Covid Vaccination Certificate
- Two Photographs as per Schengen visa specifications
- Travel Itinerary
- RoundTrip Flight Itinerary
- Schengen Approved Travel Insurance
- Proof of accommodation
- Proof of Sustenance
- Proof of civil status
Additionally, the documents needed depends on an applicants work status so these documents may need to be provided as well.
You will also need to submit additional documents based on the type of visa that you are applying for.
Do you need a flight ticket to apply for Lithuania Visa ? Can you use a flight itinerary ?
When applying for Lithuania Schengen visa, it is not safe to have a fully paid flight ticket, you can have a temporary booking or use a flight itinerary for visa purposes. Once your visa is approved, you can book your flight ticket.
The way we create flight itinerary for our customers is using FlightGen App and you can use the app. To know more about using flight itinerary for visa.
What does a travel itinerary mean when applying for Lithuania visa ?
A travel itinerary is a day-wise plan of what you intend to do in Lithuania if your visa is approved. This information must be included in your cover letter or visa letter which will then be used by the consulate to decide on your visa approval.
To know more about creating cover letter or visa letter for Lithuania Schengen visa.
Is a cover letter needed when applying for Lithuania visa ?
Yes. A cover letter is a mandatory document when applying for Schengen visa. As per the VFS website you need to bring a cover letter during your Schengen visa appointment.
Is the travel insurance mandatory for Schengen visa application ?
Yes, it’s important to note that travel insurance is a mandatory requirement for any Schengen visa application, including a Lithuania Schengen visa. The insurance policy should provide coverage for the entire duration of your travel.
As of 2022, the travel insurance policy must also include coverage for COVID-related expenses and meet certain minimum requirements, including medical coverage of at least $50,000 and repatriation coverage of about 1 million. Additionally, the insurance policy should have a zero deductible.
Ensuring that your travel insurance meets these criteria is crucial when applying for a Lithuania Schengen visa. You can purchase an appropriate insurance policy that complies with these requirements to fulfill this visa condition.
You can get your travel insurance for less than $1 per day from visitorscoverage.com .
How to apply for Lithuania Schengen visa ?
Absolutely, it’s essential to perform a thorough review of your documents and application details before your visa appointment. Here’s a summary of the key checks to conduct:
- Accommodations and Flights: Ensure that you have included all the necessary documentation for your accommodations and flights to the destinations mentioned in your cover letter. This may include hotel reservations, flight itineraries, and any other relevant travel bookings.
- Consistency in Dates: Double-check that the dates provided in your Lithuania visa application form match the dates mentioned in your cover letter and other supporting documents. Consistency in dates is crucial to avoid any discrepancies or confusion.
By carefully reviewing your documents and confirming the accuracy and consistency of your information, you can enhance the likelihood of a successful visa application process. Any errors or inconsistencies in your paperwork could potentially lead to delays or complications in your application.
A cover letter is a very important document during the visa process as it is the first document that the visa officer will read and it is the only place where you can personally speak to the visa officer .
You can create cover letter for your visa application for just $5 using BlinkDocs App
Preparing for your visa appointment involves several important steps. Here’s a breakdown of what to do:
- Document Preparation: Take two sets of printouts of all the required documents as per the checklist. Organize them in the order specified in the checklist to ensure a smooth and organized submission.
- Essential Items to Carry: On the day of your visa interview, remember to carry the following:
- Two blue pens.
- Soft copies of all the required documents on a portable storage device (e.g., USB drive).
- Sufficient cash, as some visa consulates may only accept cash payments.
- Formal Attire: Dress formally and professionally for your visa interview. First impressions matter, and dressing appropriately can leave a positive impression.
- Fingerprint Submission: Be prepared to submit your fingerprints as part of the visa application process. This is a standard procedure and should not be a cause for concern.
- Stay Calm: If any issues or discrepancies are identified in your documentation during the interview, remain calm. You may be given a short window of time to rectify the problems and return with the corrected documents. Being composed and focused can help you handle such situations effectively.
- Consultation Service: If you have enlisted the assistance of a visa expert or consultation service, remember that you can reach out to them for guidance and support. They can help address any queries or issues that may arise during the application process.
By following these steps and being well-prepared, you can increase your chances of a successful visa application and a smooth interview experience.
Where to Apply for Lithuania Schengen visa ?
The processing of visa applications can vary based on your location and country of residence. It’s essential to understand the specific procedures and authorities responsible for handling visa applications in your area. Here are some key points to consider:
- Location-Specific Handling: In some countries, the Lithuania embassy directly handles visa applications, while in others, third-party Visa Application Centers (VACs) like VFS Global, BLSS, or TLS Contact may be designated to collect and process visa applications on behalf of the Lithuania consulate.
- Know Your Jurisdiction: Determine which consulate or VAC is responsible for handling visa applications in your city or region. Even if there is an embassy of Lithuania in your location, they may not necessarily handle visa applications.
- Follow Local Guidelines: Abide by the specific guidelines and requirements set by the respective consulate or VAC in your jurisdiction. These guidelines may include document submission procedures, appointment scheduling, and payment methods.
- Stay Informed: Keep yourself informed about any updates or changes in the visa application process for your location. This can help you avoid misunderstandings and ensure that you follow the correct procedures.
- Seek Assistance: If you have any doubts or questions regarding the visa application process in your jurisdiction, consider seeking guidance from visa experts or consultants who are familiar with the local requirements.
By staying informed and following the procedures relevant to your location, you can navigate the visa application process more effectively and increase your chances of a successful application.
How long does it take to approve my Lithuania visa Application ?
From the time of your document submission it can take up to 15 working days to approve your visa. But if there are long extended holidays in between, it can take up to 25 days.
Schengen visa appointments are open for 2 months at a time, so you can apply for an Lithuania visa up to 3 months before your trip.
What is the fee for Lithuania Schengen visa ?
The fee for Lithuania Schengen visa is € 80 for adults and €40 for kids over age of 6 . Children below 6 can apply for Schengen visa for free If you are applying with VFS or BLSS, then there is a processing fee of €20 that you will need to pay with VFS or BLSS.
Who requires an Lithuania Schengen visa ?
People from EU member states, the European Economic Area (EEA), and Switzerland can enter the Lithuania without a visa.
People from other countries may need a visa in order to enter the Schengen Area or Lithuania.
Please go to the Government Website to find out if you need a visa or not.
Foreigners who are not from an EEA country or Switzerland and want to work or do something close to work for a short time, like an internship, always need a visa (see also “Temporary work visa”).
People from countries where visas are no longer needed because of an EU law can stay in Lithuania without a visa for up to 90 days every 180 days if they are not working.