Europeans love sports, and Europe is quite famous for presenting sports like cricket, football, tennis and many more. If you are planned to travel for sports purpose, then you have to apply for Schengen Sports visa. Sports visa allows them, who has taken part in these incredible events.
Entering to Europe for sports events purpose only can happen with the help of Schengen Sports visa which gives the special right for the participants across the European Union.
What is Schengen Sports Visa?
It is a short stay visa, as well as known as the cultural or religious or sports visa. It allows the individual participants can travel different Schengen countries for purpose of sports, religious or cultural events up to 90 days within 180 day period.
What are the documents required to apply for Sports Schengen Visa?
- Schengen Visa Application Form: which is available online and signed and dated by the applicant. If applicant is minor below age 16, the signed by his parents.
- Valid Passport
- Photo Requirement: Recent 2 biometric passport sized Photographs
- Personal Cover Letter
- Travel Health Insurance: Minimum coverage of €30000 and repatriation
- Travel Itinerary:
- Proof of accommodation: Apartment or rental agreement of house, hotel reservation and so on.
- Invitation Letter:
- Proof of Financial Status:
If you are a participant
- then should have letter from Local Sports Association which includes name, phone number, address
- copy of the birth certificate if you are minor
If you are member of sports association
- should have letter from Local Sports Association by stating the name, position or your role in the Association
- As well as applicant needs to mention the starting Date of the employment, Remuneration or Salary
- Invitation letter: from the host organization
- Financial guarantees:
- Job certificate stating the job position and salary. Applicants
- If you have your own business, must provide a business registration and Tax proof
Documents based on applicant’s employment status:
- If employed:
- Proof of Employment contract
- Approved Leave letter proof from Employer
- Last 6 months Pay slips or Bank Statement
- ITR (Income Tax Return)
- If self-employed:
- Business license copy
- Last 6 months’ company’s Bank Statement
- (ITR) Income Tax Return
- If a student:
- Proof of your University enrolment
- No Objection Letter from your University
- If retired:
- Your latest 6 months Pension statements
How to Apply for the Schengen Sports Visa?
Follow the steps below to complete the process for applying the Schengen Sports Visa.
- You have to figure out that in which country you are going to spend of the time on your entire trip.
- Through that country’s consulate, you need to apply for the sports visa.
- Gather all required documents.
- Fill the Application form – As there will be different ways of accessing applications provided by different Schengen countries.
- Make an Appointment for visa.
- Need to Pay the Schengen visa fee: At visa application centre, along with the visa application you need pay service payment likely in person which is separate cost from the visa fee.
- Attend the Interview.
- Submit the Application
- Need to wait for the consular officer’s decision on your application.
When to apply for the Sports Visa?
If you are planned to go for Schengen Area, Better to apply for the visa before 1 month, And We advise to lodge the Application form at least 15 days before the intended travel.
Where to Apply for the Sports Schengen Visa?
- You should choose the right consulate or embassy or Visa application centre to apply for the visa.
- Decide in which country you are going to spend of the time on your entire trip. Then you should apply through consulate or embassy or associated visa application centre for that country in which you have planned to spend more time.
- If you have planned to spend equal time in multiple Schengen country, then Then you should apply through consulate or embassy or associated visa application centre for that country in which you will arrive first.
Gather all your required documents which is mentioned above for Sports Schengen visa.
Who Can Apply for the Schengen Sports Visa?
People who are actively taking part in sports events or trainings in Schengen area, such as athletes, teachers, trainers, support staff, etc can apply for the Sports Schengen visa. But visitors has to apply for Schengen tourist visa, if they are visiting for sports or any other these kind of events in Schengen area.
A Sports Visa can be applied for by people from a third country that isn’t permitted to enter the Schengen area without a visa or with a visa on arrival as long as they are there for a legal, proven sports purpose.
How Long Does It Take to Get Sports Schengen Visa?
To process visa application for purpose of sports events, Schengen embassy will take around 15 calendar days.
And some specific cases like when more applications receive by embassies, in that period it may extended up to 30 days, or in some extraordinary cases, it may take up to 60 days to receive response from embassy on your application.